When to Buy a Prom Dress
November 03, 2021
Finding your perfect dress for prom is key. You want to wear something that reflects your personality, makes you feel confident, and is everything you’ve been looking for. While it may sound early, we recommend giving yourself at least 4 months ahead of prom to shop.
Shopping in January for prom in May may sound ridiculous, but there’s plenty of reasons why you should shop early:
- You want enough time to shop around and find a dress you really love.
- By shopping early, you know you’ll get the dress you want, and won’t have to worry about another girl grabbing it first.
- If you need alterations (like hemming your dress), you’ll have plenty of time to get them done.
- When you find your dress early, you’ll have more time to plan the rest of your look, from hair and makeup to shoes and earrings and anything else you’re looking to wear.
- You’ll be able to coordinate with your date much easier when you’ve already got your dress picked out.
- You’ll save yourself plenty of stress later when you’ve got your prom look planned instead of rushing to shop at the last minute!
Take it from us: you’d rather have the dress in your closet, full of anticipation, instead of rushing to find a dress last minute.